Hope’s Quiz Night at The Hive on December 3rd had brains buzzing and raised nearly £500 towards the Winter Appeal.
Congratulations to the winning team from our colleagues at the RMC and their friends.
Questions varied on a range of topics including ‘Matters Medical’, ‘Asylum Geography’, and ‘Youthful Talent’, whilst a topical round entitled ‘Political Leaders’ elicited a fine chorus of groans!
Sample questions included
- In which sport are the New York Yankees a major team?
- Renal medicine is associated with which part of the body?
- Which country currently hosts the most refugees?
- About how much of the total food consumed in the UK is grown in the UK?
- At what age did Sachin Tendulkar play his first test for India (a) 14, (b)16 or (c) 18?
- In which country would you find the city of Shiraz which gives its name to a grape variety?
(answers at the foot of the page)
Many thanks to all who helped make it such an enjoyable evening and for your donations and time given in volunteering.
A big thank you also to The Hive in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter for their generous donation of a glass-fusing workshop as a prize and for being such a great venue.
Answers: 1) Baseball / 2) Kidneys / 3) Turkey / 4) 50% / 5) 16 / 6) Iran)